Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Jottings From Jon



I know I haven't posted in a while, but I wanted to share this with you.  Some of you may know that Allison works as the Communications Manager for the South Carolina Center for Fathers and Families.  The Center works with community-based fatherhood programs in eleven communities across the state to serve more than 1,200 low-income fathers each year. The fatherhood programs help fathers remove barriers to responsible fatherhood by assisting with education, employment, parenting skills, relationships and access to health care. The Center’s goal is to reconnect fathers with their children so they are present physically, financially, emotionally and spiritually.  In a nutshell, they provide the means for fathers to become great dads.

For Father's Day this year, University of South Carolina men's head basketball coach Darrin Horn and Clemson head football coach Dabo Swinney have teamed up with the Center to support the Ugly Tie campaign.  Check it out here.  (All you Carolina and Clemson fans, you'll get a kick out of this).

Both Allison and I have had the honor of having wonderful fathers in our lives.  And now, I have the honor to be a father myself and I love doing all the things that come with that.  Not only do I have the responsibility to raise him but I get to create a bond with him and try to guide him in the best way possible.  I think Parker is also guiding me a bit and making me a better person.  I love chasing him around and hearing his infectious laugh when I tickle him.  I can’t wait to get home and see that booger and I appreciate that every day.

Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...