Monday, July 12, 2010

Weekend Fun

For the first time in a long time, we didn't travel anywhere this weekend.  We stayed home and had a great time!

Friday, after work, we picked up pizza from our favorite place in the northeast, Pontiac Pizza, and made a quick stop by Lowe's!  We're planning to stain our concrete patio slab and have been researching some different options.


Saturday morning, after a trip to Sherwin Williams to see what they had for concrete staining, we headed back home and were met by Nanette for lunch.  Parker had fun reading some books and showing off his new animal sounds.  I believe the sound he is making below is "Baaaa."



I pulled out the sewing machine Saturday afternoon.  After about two hours of trying to remember how to thread the bobbin, I tried to tackle an apron.   Here are the results:


...not bad, but I learned a few things for the next one I make.



We joined some friends for a barbeque Saturday evening and had a great time.  I didn't have my camera - but Parker was one worn out little boy from all the playing he did! 

With my new apron tied on, I made Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas for lunch on Sunday.  Well, I did the preparing, Jon did the grilling!  They weren't very complicated and they were super yummy.  I also made some pineapple mango salsa to go along with it.  We'll definitely be having these again soon.

 

Vacation Bible School kicked off last night with an ice cream social.  Parker isn't quite old enough to participate, but he had fun dancing around to the VBS songs.  We plan to go throughout the week to help out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...